- Humanized approach to hiring and working with developers. There is no algorithm, we are the algorithm
- Matches based on client’s needs and developer’s track-record experiences
- Developers commited to long-term growth =/= gigs
- Value top-notch quality over competing for the lowest price
- Large pool of pre-vetted Vietnamese developers
- Transparency in pricing
Who are you
- Turing Alley is a collective of tech recruiters and developers from Viet Nam.
- We take the humanized approach to hiring and working with developers, because we know that’s the best way to find the best developers for businesses.
- There is no algorithm, we are the algorithm.
How do you make hiring less painful
If you decided to hire developers in Viet Nam market, there are several ways you can go about it.
In Viet Nam, when you would like to hire a talent developer. If you have connections in the Vietnam IT industry, the easiest way is to ask for recommendations or post a classical job offer in ad listings such as IT viet, VN work or job platform like Recruitery.Then You can assess the candidates in short interviews, face to face or via messages/phone calls. This is a traditional way to hire new software engineers. But We do not make sure that these way can fill your company position need in the short term, maybe it takes at least 6 months.
Or you need to have a strong technical recruiter to handle request from you.However, the trully technical recruiter or someone like that in Viet Nam is quite rare. Most of them usually work for Vietnamese corporation and the higher salary of them is the most issue with start up company like you.
In addition, you could use headhunters to find talent developer. However, the services fees is usually from 1 to 2 months salary of engineer for one case hiring succeed.And you will have some risk is when headhunter charged their services fees, the engineers out.
What are the pros of traditional hiring practices? If the new developers is recommended by someone you trust or comes from professional circles that are familiar to you, you have a certain level of assurance that they will do a good job. Knowing that other companies have worked with them or that their clients have had a good experience with their engineering work can be helpful to know that you are hiring a qualified developer. This way of hiring software developers also allows you to vet the candidate and communicate regularly with them.
Hiring from social network
Another way to hire developers is to utilize the database of social networks. Being a professional social network, LinkedIn is one of the companies that is often the first choice when it comes to finding talent. LinkedIn is a hub for professionals with a variety of backgrounds and qualifications and provides a large amount of data to choose from. A perk of sites like these is that you have the means to filter applicants according to your desired specifications.
Specifications may include qualifications, skills, education, experience, recommendations, and even rates. Hourly rates of software developers depend on all of these factors. You can search for the right candidates who are open to new job opportunities.
You can do a similar thing on a site like Facebook. There are plenty of Facebook groups, but you should look for the ones with a large number of members and serious administrator teams. These groups usually have strict rules for hiring post and comunication. While these groups don’t offer advanced search features compared to a database like LinkedIn.
Just like traditional hiring, looking for applicants on Facebook, and LinkedIn has its limitations. You cannot always vet the candidates properly, and there isn’t much protection for either of you if you encounter problems. Furthermore, it is difficult to check whether the applicants are real or actually have the engineering skills that they say that they have.
So, what’s the remaining option?
We shrink hiring time by bringing top-notch developers faster.
We hire top talent developers from community databases
When you enlist the help of professional Vietnamese marketplaces, you are putting the legwork of hiring Engineers into the hands of offshore company like us, Turing Alley is the modern approach to building remote global tech teams/ offshore center in VietNam.
As a admin of some popular community in Viet Nam like: Webuild community, Golang Viet Nam community and host many technical event in Viet Nam. We have good networking and the large number of potential Engineers.
Candidates based specifically on your needs
It starts with knowing your requirements down to the smallest details.
If you don’t know much about software, our consultants will help you define a well written description for your development needs.
- Goals and requirements
- Job type (Full time, Part time, Remote, On-site…)
- Budget and desired timeline
- Required / Preferred degrees, certifications, and skills
- Technology and code requirements
Candidates with track-record experiences
We present you with developers who:
- Match your job descriptions
- Have experiences working on projects similar to yours, or at similar company size for best professional fits.
Our vetting process leaves no room for errors
- Our pool of pre-vetted developers come from some of the most credible tech communities in Viet Nam, including: Webuild community, Golang Viet Nam.
- Turing Alley’s screening process. (?)
- In order to be qualified for Turing Alley, outside of their engineering ability, developers must pass the following criteria:
- Developers must prove that they are reliable and conscientious with excellent communication and time management skills.
- Developers must be fluent communicating in English
- Developers must understand the essentials of customer service, instead of just hard coding skills.
- Developers must have a sense of product ownership in other to serve robust business growth.
Our operation team will check engineers performance regularly or when we work together if you need any urgent support let leave a messages or quick call with us.
Cancelling the services effortlessly
When you want to stop working or switch with developers
In probation period
Every employee has a 2-months probation. And you will be allowed to terminate with immediate effect if the employee is not performing up to expectation during his probation.
In Full-time period
After Engineer passed the Probation period, we will sign a full-time contract: 12 Months in accordance to labour laws in Vietnam. This doesn’t mean you cannot let the employee go if he/she isn’t performing. 3 official warnings, through us, and you will be allowed to terminate the contract in 7 days without incurring any severance for your employee.
However, If you need to scale down the Engineers team because of some your personal reason, you need to pay minimum 2 months salary for each engineers follow Vietnam law.
After that, Turing Alley will support you hire another developers
How much does it cost to work with Vietnamese developers?
The monthly rate of a full-time developer or part-time developer depends on experience, skills, and location. Here are some examples of common salaries for Vietnamese developers:
- Junior: 750-1700 usd/month
- Middle: 1700 usd-2000 usd/month
- Senior: 2000-3000 usd/month
- High level: 3000-5000 usd/month
- A thirteenth salary, or end-of-year bonus, is an extra payment given to employees at the end of December
- Fee for company trip.
- Working devices: A personal working laptop will be assigned to the employee as his personal working equipment. We are able to help you manage your devices if you require to assign more specialized equipment or prefer to assign the employee your own laptop
Full control over collaborations (Working with developers)
- Interview process for client <> candidates
- How do you ensure quality when working remotely?
- Can I bring my staff overseas for training or short term work?
- Can I or any of my colleague visit the office to work with our employee?
- What is the minimum full-time contract period?
- When you want to stop working or switch with developers
Turing Alley>< Others
Traditional Hiring ( ad listings): ITViec/ TopCV/ Vietnamwork
At least 5.000.000 VND/1 post/ 1 month
Cheap Around 10-20 CVs/ month
You need to handle all recruitment process and operation by yourself
Job Platform: Recruitery
1-1.5 months gross salary of each developer
Potential CVs Handle full cycle of recruitment and help you deal with new comer about salary
Expensive hiring fees When developer fail their probation, you will pay to Recruitery about 20-30% gross salary of developer like a services fee paid. Working device: negotiation but if you do not provide laptop or sth like that to employee, they will ask higher salary. Operate your team by yourself. Take many days to recruit and offer candidates.
Freelancer Recruiter/ Headhunters
1-2 months gross salary of each developer
Potential CVs Handle full cycle of recruitment and help you deal with new comer about salary
Expensive hiring fees When developer fail their probation, you will pay to Recruitery about 20-30% gross salary of developer like a services fee paid. Working device: negotiation but if you do not provide laptop or sth like that to employee, they will ask higher salary. Operate your team by yourself.
Hiring fee Origination fee + 20% success fee per member ( one time) Management fee: 500 + 5% member gross salary ( each month)
Cheap Potential CVs When developer fail their probation, we will support to find another developer for you without hiring fee. Handle full cycle of recruitment and help you deal with new comer about benefit and salary. Support you operate your team in Viet Nam. Payroll for your members in Viet Nam.
Working device: Negotiation but Turing Alley advices you that you should provide laptop to each your full-time employees and Turing alley will support you manage your devices.
ⓒ 2021 Turing Alley, a Dwarves company
Connect developers with fast-growing companies
W: (+1) 818 408 6969