The term “offshore software development center” is probably not something unfamiliar to you when ODCs are popping up and rising higher and higher in recent years.
These centers become top choices for many enterprises because of the benefits they bring.
ODC In Software Development
“In software engineering, offshore custom software development consists in offshoring the software development process in a country where production costs are lower, thus decreasing budget spending.” Wikipedia
ODC differs slightly from software outsourcing. ODC provides services or products and it’s located in another country while outsourcing is a service that offers certain services or products from a third party company, the geographical location might not be a critical factor.
Set up an OCD team
- Assort your company with the new partner
- Create job descriptions and responsibilities
- Plan security measures
- Give the new team time to understand the culture
Engagement Models in ODC
- Time and Material Model: This is recommended when the scope and specifications of the projects are subject to change.
- Fixed Cost Model: Suitable for short-term, medium size projects defining scope as well as specifications. This is the project completed for a lump sum. The cost and time frame are fixed before starting the project.
- Dedicated Resource Hiring: Recommended for longer projects that have unclear requirements. The customers pay monthly money that covers the salary of the team member.
The ODC guideline checklist
Ensure the success of your future ODC
Moving on to the team
Inspire, unite and build up the team
When the team is ready to work, it’s time for you to sit down
These "To-do lists" will be a guideline to help you set an OCD team but you could choose another agency to help you make the transformation more efficient